UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)as part of the "Justitia" Project - Criminal Law Response to Illegal Trade in Firearms, on February 8, 2024, at the "Metropol Palace" Hotel in Belgrade, she organized a "Training Course on the Investigation and Prosecution of Criminal Offenses Related to Firearms" which was regional character.
In 2023, UNODC published a Guide to the Investigation and Prosecution of Firearms Offenses. The goal of the held training was a joint review of modalities for the development of a training program based on the Guide, which will be adapted to domestic material and procedural criminal legislation.
Topics covered in this training:
- UNODC Guide to the Investigation and Prosecution of Firearms Offenses
- Legislative framework
- Identification, marking and tracking of firearms and related ammunition
- Pre-investigation procedure
- Prosecution of firearms offences
- Ethical considerations, human rights and gender perspective
The representative of the Judicial Academy of the Republic of Serbia at this training was Dušan Lekić.