The training was attended by public prosecutors and judges from the territory of the Novi Sad appeal, and was held in the premises of the Appellate Court in Novi Sad.
The topics covered in this training were:
- Reasons for the adoption of the new Law on juvenile offenders and protection of juveniles in criminal proceedings
- Substantive law in the Law on Juvenile Offenders and the Criminal Protection of Juveniles, the selection and imposition of criminal sanctions against minors
- Procedural provisions from the Act on Juvenile Offenders and Criminal Protection of Minors and their Application in Practice
- Certain problems in the application of the Law on juvenile offenders and the protection of juveniles in criminal proceedings
- Cases from practice and material and procedural aspects
- The European Convention on Human Rights with reference to the concept of "Justice tailored to the child"
The lecturers at this training were:
- Milan Škulić, professor at the Faculty of Law of the University of Belgrade and judge of the Constitutional Court;
- Ivana Stevanović, director of the Institute for Criminological and Sociological Research and member of the Council for Children's Rights of the Government of the Republic of Serbia;
- Dragan Obradović, judge of the High Court in Valjevo.